Satined teeth happens because most of the drinks and meals we take tend to damage both shine and enamel; something that can easily be reverted through teeth whitening.
Laser teeth whitening is a revolutionary technique that can reduce the yellowish color from 3 to 8 tones.
his treatment is best for teeth that are moderately stained due to several factors. Some of these factors include:
- Teeth aging
- Stains caused by inadequate diets
- Stains caused by inadequate hygiene
- How is laser teeth whitening done?
Your dentist will apply a gel with a hydrogen peroxide base on each tooth. Afterwards, they’ll be exposed to laser light and after 1hr 15 mins (give or take) the treatment will react with the enamel and dentine.
Advantages of laser teeth whitening
- Whitening in a single session
- Eliminates infections by acting as an antiseptic
- Favours wound healing
In order to have a long-lasting post-treatment effect, the patient must follow every step regarding the post-whitening care in order to give the shiny white tone a long lasting life. If you’re getting a laser teeth whitening treatment done, follow these recommendations:
- Avoid food that contains a lot of colorants or chemicals
- Avoid drinks with a lot of sugar or dark colors like coffee, tea, wine, juices, infusions and alcoholic drinks.
- No smoking
- Take proper care of your dental hygiene, wash your teeth proper well after every meal, floss and use mouth wash free of artificial colorants.