Are you actually safe with your Travel Insurance Policy?
When leaving for a trip to a foreign country, you feel the need to protect yourself and your loved ones with a travel insurance package.
But what you probably don’t know is that the travel insurance policy has a lot of exclusions & deductibles that leave you unprotected in case of an emergency.
Even a minor incident may cause inconvenience and eventually ruin your holidays. Let alone the extra cost that you may need to cover.
Usual gaps in your Travel Insurance Policy
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Age limit, up to 65 years
- Accidents from sports activities (e.g., football, cycling, water sports, etc.)
- Medical emergencies such as allergies, sunburn, inflammation, gastrointestinal problems, hypertensive events, heart attacks, hypoglycemic episodes, vascular events, sudden viruses, dizziness, vertigo, gallstones, urinary tract infections, incontinence, pediatric cases, dental cases and many more, related to previous medical conditions.
- Exemption from 500 – 1000 € (depending on the contract). This means that travel insurance covers medical expenses after 500-1000 euros, which must be paid directly by you.
- No travel insurance offers legal coverage in the country of destination.
- Citizens of non-EU countries, e.g., the UK, Russia, the USA, etc., are not entitled to the European Health Card. This means that they cannot be hospitalized in a state hospital in the country for free.
If that would be the case, we will transfer you to the hospital iindicated by your travel insurance
Your local assistant is always there for you!
0030 216 900 3333
In case of an emergency, you can get in touch with our team at our Help Desk to get a free consultation.
We at MedGreece understand how difficult it is to search for various treatment options, hospitals, and doctors, legal or insurance advice while being in a foreign country. Especially when there is an emergency incident! We are here for you every step of the way, in order to have the care and treatment you need and deserve.
If you need special medical advice, we provide you with a telemedicine link where you may check out your symptoms or talk online with a doctor, for medical advice in English.
If the telemedicine doctor recommends that you should be examined by a doctor at your accommodation, you may call our Help Desk again, to arrange a doctor’s visit, at a pre-fixed price.
If the doctor advises you to visit a hospital, we will send a private ambulance to transfer you to a private hospital, at a pre-fixed price. You are entitled to a free examination by a doctor (or pediatrician) and also 1 Free U/S Scan or Free basic Blood Test or Free X-ray, according to the doctor’s consultation. In case you need One Day Clinic stay, the cost is pre-fixed and you will be informed before your hospitalization.
We make sure your children are safe
The first concern of every parent is to safeguard the health of their children. This can be an even bigger challenge during a trip to a foreign country.
Holidays Protection has signed an agreement with the Pediatric Department of the private clinic “Athens Medical Center” for a free visit to a Pediatrician 24/7. We have also ensured for you many other benefits regarding your children’s medical treatment, at a very low pre-determined cost.
- Free initial Consultation for any Legal dispute in case of a motor accident or any other incident arising from Third Party Liability.
- No Win No Fee: in case of bodily injury due to a car accident, we offer you legal representation without having to pay any legal fee in advance.
At the end of the legal procedure, and only after you receive the compensation (according to a court decision or an out-of-court settlement), you pay the legal firm a pre-agreed percentage of the compensation. You do not pay anything before you receive it!
- Local Free Office & Secretarial Services
- Free Consultation – Assistance for your Motor accident in case you rent a car in Athens
- Free Travel Insurance Medical claim reporting – Medical claim management – Medical claim handling
If you need a covid-19 PCR Test or Rapid Test to return back home, we offer you the option to do your test, at the convenience of your hotel room or short-term rental. Get the results translated at your e-mail, the same day, with a clear reference of your passport number.